So before we get started with today's blog, we would like to strongly encourage you all if you haven't done so already to join the BSU RLH Staff Facebook group - it's a great way to get connected with the other RLH staff members - both students and pro staff!
What are our professional staff up to this summer? We asked each of them what their plans are to relax or to stay busy! And since our theme for training this year is all about music, we also asked some fun facts about their personal music appreciation!
Today, we give you some insight to our central office staff! Stay tuned because on Wednesday, the West Side staff get to share their cool thoughts!
What are our professional staff up to this summer? We asked each of them what their plans are to relax or to stay busy! And since our theme for training this year is all about music, we also asked some fun facts about their personal music appreciation!
Today, we give you some insight to our central office staff! Stay tuned because on Wednesday, the West Side staff get to share their cool thoughts!
Summer Update: Hi All! I hope that you are enjoying your summer. June was pretty busy for me. The entire department was busy welcoming new students and their families to campus for six sessions of Orientation. I was the chair of this year’s Family Orientation program and it was a lot of fun. I got to spend a week at the University of Georgia in Athens serving as a faculty member for the National Housing Training Institute. It was a wonderful experience. It’s an intense week long training for 30 mid-level housing professionals who aspire to be Directors of Residence Life and Housing someday. Finally, at the end of the month, I traveled to Washington D.C. to attend the ACUHO-I conference (Association of College and University Housing Officers International). It was a great conference and I got to present a session about the sustainable features of Weygand Hall. I am looking forward to July and being back in the office for professional staff training and to assist with new student housing assignments. August will be a big month for me personally as I have a milestone birthday coming up. To celebrate my birthday, my family has rented a house on the beach in Myrtle Beach, SC. I am looking forward to some relaxation before RA Training starts.First Album I Purchased: So I am pretty old so please don’t judge my musical tastes. The first album that I ever purchased was Pat Benatar.
First Concert I Attended: My first concert was Barry Manilow (don’t judge).
Favorite Summer Jam: I must be old because I have no idea what a summer jam is.
Shelly Keniston - Associate Director:

Summer Update: Traveling up to the island in Maine like I do each year to spend a week of “NO CELL SERVICE or EMAIL”!! can’t wait.
First Album I Purchased: Michael Jackson's Thriller
First Concert I Attended: Kiss and Tesla
Favorite Summer Jam: My favorite song changes weekly but right now it is JT’s Not a bad thing.
Justin McCauley - Assistant Director for RLCs & Assessment:
Summer Update: There is not much travel lined up for the McCauley family this summer. We are very happy to be spending our second summer in our new house. We have put in a new garden and built a new shed. Exciting times indeed! I have gone to a couple concerts this summer. I’ve been lucky enough to see Dave Matthews Band and Zac Brown Band in beautiful outdoor venues. Outdoor live music is like heaven on earth for me. Otherwise, my daughter Teagan is counting down the months until she becomes a big sister this October. She will be getting a kid brother for her 2nd birthday. I don’t know how we will ever top that in the future.First Album I Purchased: Young M.C. – Stone Cold Rhymin’ (1989)
First Concert I Attended: Boyz II Men and Hammer (He had dropped the M.C. by then) at the Worcester Centrum (Now the DCU Center) in 1992
Favorite Summer Jam: Dirty Water by the Standells (Reminds me of summer games at Fenway Park)
Rita Camara - Assistant Director of Assignments:
Summer Update: I am looking forward to my vacation at the beach in Truro during the first week in August.First Album I Purchased: I don’t remember the first album I bought (it was a long, long time ago) but I do remember the first album I owned. It was Elvis’ Greatest Hits and my brother bought it for me for Christmas when I was in the 7th grade.
First Concert I Attended: Barry Manilow (he is really old now)
Favorite Summer Jam: Do you mean jam, as in toast and jam? If so, strawberry.
Amanda Surgens - Assistant Director of Housing Operations:
Summer Update: Hello friends, My summer plans include a few fun races – the Finish at the 50, a 10K that finishes on the 50 Yard line of Guillette Stadium on July 3rd and the Narragansett Beer Festival Half Marathon on July 13th. I’ve done four half marathons but never one in the heat of the summer, so it should be interesting!! In addition to that, I’m going with my family to visit friends in Pennsylvania and then vacationing with my parents and sister (and her family) in New Hampshire. Summer is my favorite season and I’m excited to soak up every minute of it!!First Album I Purchased: In second grade I got Lionel Richie’s Dancing on the Ceiling record (yes, record)! Then, TLC’s Waterfall was my first tape. My first CD was Garth Brooks.
First Concert I Attended: My first concert was in 1996 and was Garth Brooks and the price of the ticket was $17.50!!
Favorite Summer Jam: Happy! I can’t help but dance to it!!
Joe Amato - Facilities Manager:
Summer Update: Took my first cruise this month. Went to Bermuda to celebrate our 40th Wedding anniversary.First Album I Purchased: First Album that I can remember was “Crying” by Roy Orbison.
First Concert I Attended: The Boston Pops – Arthur Fiedler, conductor.
Kym Turpin - Administrative Assistant I:
Summer Update: My summer plans are to spend time at the lake. First Album I Purchased: The first album I ever purchased was The Rose by Bette Midler for my Mom for Mother’s Day.
First Concert I Attended: James Taylor
Favorite Summer Jam: Classic by MKTO
No comments:
Post a Comment